Sand Fleas Recipe
Introducing the Sand Fleas Recipe
The Sand Fleas Recipe is a delicious type of griddle cake made mainly with coarsely ground grains and spices. It’s a sweet and aromatic cake with an rice and wheat-based dough. In some regions of India, it is also known as “khichi” or “bhaatkhichi”. The Sand Fleas Recipe is a simple and unique way to bake a cake that you will love.
- 1 ½ cup boiled and mashed potatoes
- ¼ cup jaggery or sweetener of choice
- 3 tablespoons of ghee or 12 tablespoons of oil
- 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoon of nutmeg powder
- 2 teaspoon of red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of crushed dry ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon of black pepper powder
- 1 large cup of rice flour
- 1 large cup of wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds
- 1 cup of water
- In a large bowl, mix the boiled and mashed potatoes, jaggery, and ghee together.
- Add the cardamom and nutmeg powder, chilli powder, and ginger powder in the bowl and mix well.
- Add the pepper powder and mix again.
- Mix the rice flour, wheat flour, and sesame seeds in another bowl.
- Gradually add the water in the bowl with the dry ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients until it forms a thick and pliable dough.
- Roll out the dough onto a lightly greased surface until it’s about 2 cm thick.
- Using a biscuit cutter or a lid, cut out the dough in round discs.
- Place the discs on a greased and hot griddle.
- Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve hot with chutney or lassi.
Enjoy the Sand Fleas Recipe!
The Sand Fleas Recipe is a delicious and easy to make sweet treat that you can enjoy at any time of the day. The combination of sweet and savoury flavours make this a great snack for parties and family gatherings. So, try out this simple and unique recipe and get ready to enjoy a truly delicious treat.