How Cure Bed Bug Bites?
How to Cure Bed Bug Bites?
Bed bug bites can be unsightly and itchy, and the idea of a bed bug infestation is even worse. In this article we’ll discuss some practical tips on dealing with the bites and how to prevent and cure bed bug infestations.
Treating the Bites
- Clean the area with antiseptic soap and warm water: This will reduce the risk of infection from the bite and help with the itching.
- Apply a cold compress: A cold compress can help to reduce inflammation and itching.
- Apply Hydrocortisone cream: This is an anti-itch cream which is available over the counter and can be used to soothe the bite.
- Take an antihistamine: Antihistamines can be used to reduce allergic reactions and the itching associated with bed bug bites.
Curing an Infestation
- Discard furniture: If you suspect that furniture is infested with bed bugs, it should be discarded immediately.
- Vacuum the affected area: Vacuuming the area where the bed bugs are living is a good way to remove any eggs, larva and dead bugs from the area.
- Steam the affected area: Steam can be an effective way to kill bed bugs in hard to reach places.
- Apply an insecticide: Insecticides can be used to kill bed bugs and help prevent them from coming back.
Preventing Bed Bug Bites
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming regularly can help prevent bed bugs from living in your home.
- Clean bedding and clothes regularly: Bedbugs can live in laundry and it’s important to wash clothes and bedding regularly.
- Inspect bedding: Bedbugs can often be found in bedding so it’s important to inspect it regularly.
- Use mattress protectors: Mattress protectors can be used to protect beds from bedbugs.
Bed bug bites can be difficult to deal with and can be a sign of an infestation. However, by following the above tips it is possible to treat the bites and cure an infestation.