Best Way to Get Rid of Bed Bugs!
Best Way to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
Bed bugs are an increasingly common issue that affects people of all ages. They are small, nocturnal insects that feed on the blood of humans and animals. Bed bugs can be found in homes, apartments, hotels, hospitals and pretty much everywhere that people are present. They are difficult to get rid of, and the best way to do this is through a combination of prevention and treatment methods.
- Vacuuming your mattress, box springs and furniture: Regularly vacuum your mattress, box springs, furniture and baseboards to remove bed bugs and their eggs. Make sure to dispose of the vacuum cleaner bag outside.
- Inspect beds and furniture for bed bugs: Look for signs of bed bugs such as dark spots or small eggs. You may need to use a flashlight.
- Check for bed bugs on a regular basis: Inspect your beds, furniture and carpets for bed bugs on a regular basis. Also, check all secondhand furniture before bringing it into your home.
- Wash bedding regularly: Bed bugs, their eggs and larvae can all be killed by regular laundering of bedding and clothes. Use a hot setting on the washing machine and follow with a hot cycle in the dryer.
- Discard infested items: If you find bed bugs in any of your items, it is best to discard them as they are almost impossible to get rid of. Some items may be able to be treated and saved by a professional.
- Use a professional exterminator: Professional exterminators can treat for bed bugs using a variety of methods including insecticides and heat treatments. These treatments may need to be repeated in order for the bed bugs to be completely eradicated.
- Use bed bug traps: Bed bug traps can be placed under the legs of your bed and furniture to catch bed bugs.
- Use boric acid: Boric acid is an effective natural insecticide that can be used to treat for bed bugs. Boric acid is safe to use on fabrics, furniture and carpets and will kill bed bugs and their eggs on contact.
- Use diatomaceous earth: Diatomaceous earth is another natural insecticide that can be used to treat for bed bugs. It is a white powder that is made up of tiny fossilized aquatic organisms. The powder is harmful to the waxy exoskeleton of the bed bugs, and it will act as a drying agent and kill them.
Getting rid of bed bugs can be a difficult task and it is important to take the necessary precautions to avoid getting them in the first place. If you do find bed bugs in your home, the best way to get rid of them is through a combination of prevention and treatment methods.